Here at Serenity, it’s about YOU and how we can help you deal with what has happened. Serenity specialises in providing a one-stop-shop approach to for men, women and children who have experienced sexual violence or abuse. You do not have to tell the police if you don’t wish to.
We have the experience and knowledge to guide you through your next steps, assist your recovery and help you decide what you want to do.
We are located within an NHS building but entirely self contained and with separate discreet entrances. Within the centre you can access immediate services to protect your health and save evidence, and longer term services that provide ongoing help, information and support.
Click here for more information.
• Someone to talk to
• Medical examination by specially trained doctors
• Pregnancy testing; morning after pill
• initial medication re possible sexual infections
• Direct Referral to sexual health clinics
• Collection of forensic evidence
• Support in reporting to the police – if that’s what you want to do
• Anonymous reporting
• Support through the criminal justice system – if this is a step you wish to take
• Follow up support & information services
• Referrals to other services
• Family/child rooms
During office hours you will find the following people:
Prof Ian Wall
Administrator & Support Worker
Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA)
Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA)
Child Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA)